Wednesday 7 February 2007

Secret Finish Revealed!

I can finally share my secret finish! It's two weeks since I posted it with a card to my friend, Judy, in the USA and she has just got it, just over a week since her birthday! Next year I will post two weeks before her birthday and then she just might get it in time! This is a Brightneedle freebie called Dearest Friend, stitched over 1 on 32 count fabric using the called for DMC. I made it up into a fob. The picture is not brilliant I'm afraid. I am relieved it has finally arrived as I had a nasty feeling it had gone missing.

Today is the start of the LHN Chocolate Shoppe SAL that Claire and Nicola have organised and I'm going to settle down in a while and make a start. I only intend to stitch on it on a Wednesday afternoon and see how I get on. It looks relatively quick to stitch but I might not get any done next Wednesday with it being half term.


Chatelaine Summer Afternoon is coming along nicely this week. I'm onto page 2 of the stitching but have the beads to sew on yet. I'm not sure whether to sew them on as I go along or leave them until the end. I don't think I can wait to sew loads on at the end so may well do it as I finish each page.


I hope everyone in the UK is staying warm now we've finally got a nice cold snap and lots of snow forecastt!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Sally, it's so cute, i bet Judy loved it, what a lovely design, but 1x1 on 32ct !!!! how did you see to do that LOL

Sunny day here but very cold -5 last night

Unknown said...

Sally it's beautiful, well done.

Sunny here today, but still very cold.

Carol said...

Oh, that is adorable!

Jacqui said...

It's gorgeous. I've stitched a photo chart one over one on 32 count before now. It's not as hard as it sounds.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sally,

What a lovely keyring! I remember making one that was a freebie with one of my cross-stitch magazines, but it's nowhere near as impressive as the one you've made.

Weather here is cold. No signs of snow yet, but all the schools in the borough have decided to close tomorrow. Paul's ecstatic as it means he's got an unexpected day off.

Thanks for the comment you left.

Rebecca x

Mary Kathryn said...

What a wonderful gift for your friend! It is really beautiful Sally.

:0)

Claire said...

Thta is so pretty Sally - so dinky!

Hugs
Claire
X

Paula said...

Hi Sally, aw that's gorgeous, I bet Judy really loved it.
Sally, sew the beads on as you go...that's what I do. They would drive me mad if I left them all til last.
We had snow this morning, my car was covered. It was starting to snow again as I left for work but thanksfully the roads weren't too bad.
Happy stitching....and huggles to you

Lynn said...

well done on such a cute gift. I bet she was pleased with it :)

Only a light dusting of snow here in nth Shrops but they've closed the schools any way ....mad!