Saturday 13 September 2008

Symphony SAL

I stitched part 2 of the Symphony SAL over the last two nights and also frogged the large speciality stitches in the first part and restitched those as I wasn't happy with them. I think this is really pretty so far and I am so pleased I chose this colourway for it. The fabric I am using is Silkweaver 28 count cashel linen in Tuttie Fruitie.

I think I have the charts picked out that I want to use for my MM&I SAL I am not sure just how I'm going to place each house/cottage as yet, or what else I will have on it, and will have a play around once I get all the charts together. I do have a couple of ideas ( one of those thanks to Marianne!) so planning should be fun! Lol!

I picked my new reading glasses up from Specsavers this morning. They feel really strange at the moment as I have a slightly stronger prescription again this time and my left eye needed more than my right! Hopefully I won't be too long before I get used to them.

Just a short post today! Have a fantastic weekend everyone. Hope the weather is something like where you are. It's warm here but dull and misty.

Hugs

19 comments:

Nic said...

Your SAL looks very pretty - lovely soothing colours, I bet it's really nice to stitch!

WendyCarole said...

Symphony is looking great.

Good luck with the new glasses. I am off to Spec Savers next week!

Sunny here (makes a change!)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!

Irene said...

Gerat progress !

Anonymous said...

It's lovely Sally. Great progress!

Paula said...

That's lovely Sally, love the fabric you are using.

I hate it when I have to change my glasses, it take ages to get used to the new prescription doesn't it....hopefully you are getting used to yours now.

Hope you are getting the fine weather there this weekend......it was fabulous here yesterday and looks like it's another nice day today, well so far!! lol

Happy stitching and Hugs to you.....

Veronica said...

I love the fabric you're using. It's so pretty. Combined with the colours on your SAL, that's one sweet project!

Mylene said...

That's a beautiful progress, Sally!

Julie said...

Pretty colours in this SAL.

stitcherw said...

I'm quite behind in reading, but in looking through your posts you've been quite busy. Your new SAL is looking lovely, fun fabric you chose for it too. Quaker Christmas is so pretty, and Sea Stars is looking awesome. You almost have the large motif done, that will be such a feeling of accomplishment to have that one done. Can't wait to see a bit more of the serpent too.
Sorry to hear that you've been feeling so off. It is so hard when kids leave, I had a terrible time when my DD first moved away from home to college, it just seemed so empty. Hopefully their schedules are all straigtened out now and you'll start to feel like you have a bit more balance in your life soon too.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hope you're getting on well with your glasses and that you won't get anymore headaches now.

My left eye is weaker than my right too, but I don't need mine for reading, I need them for watching TV and driving, but I tend to just wear them all day now.

Love the fabric your new WIP is on.

Anonymous said...

Your SAL looks very nice. I like the subtle colors in it. And fabric you are using, very pretty.

Christine said...

Great start on Symphony, so pretty and delicate!

Anonymous said...

Symphony looks so beautiful sally well done you what a great start.

Karan said...

Such a pretty piece Sally. Thanks for the link. :0)
Hope you had the same lovely weather we had at the weekend. :0)

Anonymous said...

Your SAL is looks elegant!

Elisa said...

Loving Symphony....going to enjoy watching this grow. :)

sammyjo said...

i love the purple in this peice sally its a lovely colour :) have you started your christmas stitching yet?

Stitchingranny said...

Thats so pretty Sally.

I am so looking forward to seeing these neighbourhoods take place but I think mine is going to be a long project as Ive got rather carried away with the idea.