Wednesday 29 October 2008

Tea With Jane For Julie!

Just a quick post today as I want to try and catch up on some blogs while I get the chance:) We were out all day yesterday having a wee bit of retail therapy!

A few weeks agi Julie told me about Twinings Lady Grey teabags and kindly sent a few to try rather than me buy a box then discover that I maybe didn't like them. As it was I did and now Jess and I try and have a cup every day. As a little thank you I decided to stitch Julie The Sampler Girl's complimentary design Tea With Jane and finished it as a little pillow. Now that Julie has received it I can show it:)

The Sampler Girl Tea With Jane
36 count Lakeside Linens Maple Sugar
GAST
Thank You for Julie.

My JCS ornament magazine has finally arrived today! Yay! I don't know what Royal Mail do with mail but I am just happy to have it last! I haven't had chance to have a good look at it yet but I have already seen several that I would love to stitch.

Not a lot of stitching this week as I've had a headache ( get a feeling it's hormonal) so didn't stitch at all last night. My rotation is going to be to pot this week but never mind. I think I'll try and finish Stacey Nash Primitives Hallow's Eve tonight so that I can make it up tomorrow then stitch on A Quaker Christmas tomorrow night.

Hope everyone is keeping warm now the weather has turned rather cold here!
Take care

Hugs

Sally

16 comments:

Carol said...

What a lovely gift from your very thoughtful friend... and now I want to go track down that tea, my DH is a big Earl Grey drinker!

staci said...

The Lady Grey is very good tea isn't it? I love all the Twinings teas :)

Christine said...

How thoughtful Sally, and such a perfect choice of design.
Have fun with your ornament edition

Angela said...

What a lovely sup[rise that must have been for her. Love the colour of the purple fabric.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gift you sent!

Ranae said...

What a pretty little pillow for a thoughtful Thank You.
Oh! you finally have the JCS hooray!!
I hope you chase that headache away.
It's getting cold here too, almost too cold to go rake, lol.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Sally! Lovely job!

Laura said...

Lady Grey tea is a favorite around here also. And that is such a cute little pillow you sent as a thank you.

Stitcher said...

So pretty Sally.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that is such a sweet little pillow!! Lady Grey is my favourite!! Enjoy the JCS issue!!

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a lovely gift, and such a thoughtful gesture. I'm not a tea drinker but quite a few of my friends changed changed to Earl Grey.

Hope the headache goes.

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

It's just beautiful, Sweety and such a sweet and thoughtful gift! Lovely stitching and finishing! And it's the perfect design for the occassion... I know Julie must be over the moon! :-)

Enjoy your Lady Grey, Hun! When I'm drinking hot tea... it's one of my favourites! :-) And Earl Grey of course... ;-)

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Oh, I hit publish instead of preview... I'm so glad you finally received your JCS Christmas Issue! I can't wait to stitch some of the lovelies inside! And I hope your headache is much improved by now, Sweety! :-)

Sending you lots of Love and {{{Hugs}}}

Olga said...

What a sweet gift for your friend! I just love the way you finished the pillow.

Stitchingranny said...

What a sweet little gift I am sure Julie would be thrilled with it.

Irene said...

Cute pillow, love the way you finished it.