Wednesday 12 May 2010

Another Roll Down

First of all I must apologise for my lack of "life" in my last post! Let's just say I was having "issues" and feeling really low. Feeling a wee bit more with it today!! I've set off several times with the good intentions of getting caught up with blog reading and commenting too but got so far then failed so I'm hoping to do that later today :)

So without further ado here's my latest Shepherd's Bush Roll. This time I chose Birdhouse Roll ( thanks to Barb for sending me the chart x) but it's a bit different as I didn't have the brown beads needed so decided to leave the beads off all together and stitch those parts instead plus I didn't have a birdhouse charm so I stitched that as well! I am pleased with it though and am still really enjoying stitching these rolls. I shall miss them when Chris and I have them all done, although we do have a bit of a way to go yet!

Shepherd's Bush Birdhouse Roll

32 count Vintage Country Cream Linen

DMC

Now onto my WIPs of which I just have two to show this week as I haven't  stitched on Sampler Garden Casket since my last post. I didn't get much stitched on The Sampler Girl At Home With Jane Austen but I did get the house built so that's a big chunk of it done. Hoepfully I'll get a better go at it this week. Barb and Lesleyanne have finished theirs and both of them look gorgeous :) I absolutely love this piece and the verse really sums me up as I do love my home comforts :) There really is nothing like staying home for real comfort.

Finally another house building effort on Shores! The lady in last week's post no longer looks like she is standing in mid air although at one point before I got the white rail completed she did actually look like she had a zimmer frame! Unfortunately two of the colours in the house are so close you can't really see the difference but it wasn't until I'd got a fair bit stitched that I actually realised and I refuse to frog too much on 40 count linen so it's staying as it is! Jane and Nicki how are you getting on?

I was almost very naughty yesterday and stood by my stitching drawers comtemplating a new start! I had no idea just what I wanted to start but the thought was definitely there but I walked away and got the thought out of my mind lol! I think it's still there a bit but I really shouldn't. I need to get some stuff made up rather than think of new starts as Peppermint Twist and 4 Wishes are rolled up waiting to be finished to hang! And I think there could be more lurking somewhere!

Last Friday Chris came over for a visit. We had a lovely afternoon chatting and showing our stitching as well as having cuppas lol! It was really good to see her as we've not seen each other for ages and I hope we can get together again soon.

It is so cold over here at the moment. I turned our heating off a few weeks ago and am refusing to switch it back on again but it's freezing! We've actually had a couple of frosts this week. There's no wonder I can't get warm when I go to bed then I can't sleep because I'm cold! Lol!

Hope you are all having a wonderful week. Thanks for visiting me and for all your lovely comments. I appreciate them very much xx

Take care everyone!

Hugs

Sally
xxx

24 comments:

Olga said...

All your needle rolls are so lovely. Nice progress on CHS Shores.
Hope you have some better weather soon.

Nicki said...

Love your needleroll and the WIPs. Just posted a progress pic of my Shores - we're almost at the same point :) Those two colours are a bit too similar aren't they? Although it depends how the light catches them. Such a lovely block though - I'm really enjoying this one :)

Lesleyanne said...

Sorry to hear you have been feeling down but glad you are staring to feel better. Lovely roll. Your WIPs are gorgeous too. I feel the same about the Jane Austen piece, I think it sums me up too lol. Thank you for letting me join the SAL I really enjoyed it.

Deb said...

Your needleroll looks fantastic. I have always loved these.

Your Sampler Girl piece is wonderful too, and you're making such great progress on Shores! I wish I could follow your lead, but mine is just laying in the WIP basket.

Michelle said...

Your WIPs are stunning Sally. Sorry you were feeling a bit low - I think we all feel like that from time to time - glad you are feeling brighter. We too have put the heating back on - although they have said its getting warmer again for the weekend. Take care of you - love Michelle xx

Kajsa said...

The needleroll turned out so pretty! The WIP's are looking great. Are you stitching shores with DMC or silk?

mbroider said...

The birdhouse needle roll is what i call 'yummy cute'...

Hope you get lesser and lesser of those low moments, dear

Hugs
Sharmila

Nicky said...

Your WIPs are going great. I love your Birdhouse Roll. I've done a few of the SB rolls and Birdhouse was the first one I did, and remains one of my favourites. Yours looks great, so does In my Garden from a few posts ago. Lovely!

Christine said...

Lovely needleroll! Great progress on your Jane Austen, and the suicidal lady on the roof in HRH is wonderful ;)

Stitchabilities said...

oo I do like that needleroll!
How good of you to walk away from a new start, it is soooo tempting isn't it!
I am glad you are feeling a little perkier!

KarenV said...

Your needleroll looks lovely Sally - I stitched this one a while back and it's one of my favourites.

Nice progress on your other WIPs too!

Hazel said...

Ahhh Sally. I have been on a real low too. Your stitching looks great and I am so far behind on the Jane Austen sampler. I have finished a haed though ;). x

Carol said...

Your needleroll is a beauty, Sally--love the tiny birdhouses on it.

Shores and Jane Austen are coming along so well--I do love the quote on the Jane piece--it is so "me."

Mylene said...

Another lovely needleroll finish! And both WIP's are looning beautiful, i especially love the jane austen one.

Hope our weather warms up soon.

Tracy Dixon said...

I do love seeing your needlerolls Sally they always look stunning. Your progress pics look great, I haven't done anymore on my JA although when I get into it I love stitching it xx

Lainey said...

Your needleroll is really pretty Sally and those lovely wips are really coming along.
It is hard to believe its May with this awful weather we are having.
Hope you are feeling good today. Hugs!

Brigitte said...

SB's birdhouse roll is one of my favourites. It looks really great. And yo made some nice progress on your two WIPs. The Jane Austen one will soon be finished, won't it?
Here it is cold as well, and we never had the chance to turn the heating off, besides one week back in April, but that was it. Hopefully there will be some warmer temperatures soon.

Julie said...

Lovely needleroll finish. Shores is looking superb, and i do agree with the home comforts verse - i'm a homebird too!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sally, you've stitched up yet another lovely needleroll.

Your WIPs are looking nice too.

It must be something in the air lately, feeling down and being busy!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on the needleroll finish! I really need to get back to mine--I have a bag full of NR charts & kits to do. They are such pretty little things. Nice progress on your WIPs!

Sharon said...

Lovely finishes, I especially like your birdhouse roll. I hope things warm up for you soon. It's been in the low 80's here in Florida.

Michele B. said...

The JA sentiment is so true, isn't it? The piece is coming along beautifully. The needleroll is the perfect design for spring. Old start, new start, I love whatever you make!

linen and floss said...

I love the needle roll it's wonderful.. The JA design is gorgeous it is now certainly on the wish list lol x

Solstitches said...

I love your latest needleroll Sally.
I just finished my first one and now I feel an addiction coming on :)
Lovely WIPS too.