Saturday 14 May 2011

Jenny Bean's Pin Tuffet

As promised I am back ( I had planned on doing this yesterday but, of course, Blogger was down) and I did finish Jenny Bean's Pin Tuffet. It's not a finish finish as yet but, hopefully, it will be in a day or two! It's funny how long this has taken me to stitch but I did put it away for a while. My upcoming SAL with Chris ( and Kajsa is joining us :) ) spurred me on to get some stuff that I'd left for a while finished so we should be able to start soon. Anyway I'm getting off topic here so here's my JB finish. It is my first Shakespeare's Peddler finish and it most certainly will not be last.

Shakespeare's Peddler Jenny Bean's Pin Tuffet

40 count coffee dyed fabric

GAST & DMC

Started 23rd March 2011

Finished 10th May 2011

As I said in my last post last weekend I didn't seem to be able to settle to stitching on just one thing. I can't show the gift as it's still not finished so hasn't been sent to its new Mum yet but I can show on BBD AotH Moonlight Visitor. I have done more on this as I picked it up again last night.

From Sunday night I can show my wee start on Shepherd's Bush Sweet Baby from the JCS ornament magazine. I need to get caught up as I think Chris has already done this one. Speaking of SB have you seen their gorgeous new pincushion Sophie's Pincushion??? It's simply adorable. Well it would be wouldn't it; there's a sheep!!! Anyone who knows me well will know I love sheep and snowmen :)

Sorry I have a couple more to show yet lol! Wednesday was SAL night on My Big Toe Designs A New Day with Lisa. I enjoy stitching on this so much but having said that I am enjoying all my stitching at the moment. It's helping me so much as it helps me relax and helps me take my mind off things. 

I did a bit more on Prairie Schooler Daffodils Sampler on Thursday once we got back in from school. Abi had an "interview" ( yes I use the term loosely as it wasn't exactly a proper interview) for 6th form and it was a drop in thing so we had rather a long wait) so I didn't get quite as much done as I would have liked but it is all progress:)

Final picture is my prize from a giveaway on NH which Clare organised. I love the sentiment of the Lizzie*Kate chart. Thank you so much Clare:)

I had a rather nice post day yesterday. I think Tony the postie knows me too well as he stopped me while I was out for my walk and said he had two large envelopes of cross stitch stuff for me! How does he know????? I was rather puzzled though as I knew I had my order from Anita's Little Stitches but I couldn't for the life of me work out what the other one would be and it was ages afterwards that I realised it would be from Jane as we've just traded 3 of the BBD AotH charts! Duh! So I got those and my order from Anita had the GAST threads for BOAF Sally Spencer Sampler ( now I just need the chart!) and BBD AotH Pumpkin Farm.

My idea for my PIFs has had to go to plan B this week as plan A did not go........ well to plan! I was rather cross with myself but won't say why as it'll give the game away!

I think I'll go catch up a bit on blogs for bit. I had some stuff up on Ebay and managed to sell 2 things so it's not too bad I guess. I can't sell the Chatelaine Christmas Mystery as it seems no one wants it!!! It's the 3rd time I've had it up so I guess it'll be languishing in a drawer for eternity!

Have a lovely weekend everyone. Hugs to all.

Love & hugs

Sally
xxx

26 comments:

KarenV said...

Love your JB finish Sally! All your other stitching looks lovely - I'm glad it's making you happy at the minute :)

Lisa said...

Well done on your Jenny Bean finish Sally, it's lovely.
Great progress on your other wips as always, you're much further along with AND than me now, doubt I'll be able to catch up lol.
What a sweet giveaway win you received.

jane said...

Love your JB finish Sally and all your WIPs look great,you are making good progress. I had a look at the SB pincushion - very pretty, I like it a lot.

gracie said...

Oh Jenny is lovely....I also like A New Day...I think I will have to get that. Good progress on all.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Lots of stitching going on over there! Very nicely done, too.

Anonymous said...

Sally,
I love the Jenny Bean pin Tuffet. It is so cute. You did a wonderful stitching job. Congrats on the finish.

Your WIP's are going nicely. Enjoy all those goodies. Have a good weekend.

♥marylin♥ said...

Oh tout cela mais c'est énorme ! tant de magnifiques broderies ! j'aime beaucoup les différents styles !
bonne journée à vous mon amie
et de gros bisous !
amitiés

Anne said...

I love the Jenny Bean finish. It's a sweet design. Congrats on your win too Sally! You have done lots of progress on your pieces...glad you are happy :D

Colleen said...

Sally, Jenny Bean is lovely. I too like SP's designs. All your wip's are lovey, as always. Your stitching is beautiful. So glad blogger is back up. Been missing your posts. Hugs

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Love it!! All the Jenny bean things are adorable :)

Gabi said...

What a lovely finish. Your Jenny Bean Pin Tuffet looks gorgeous. So does the rest of your stitching. Love them all. Congrats on winning the cute chart. :)

Catherine said...

Great finish and stitching!

Hazel said...

Lovely JB finish Sally. Sounds like you are very busy at the moment - wips. SALs and pifs etc. xx

Christine said...

ongratulations on your Jenny Bean finish, its lovely. the WIPs are looking good too

Lesleyanne said...

Your JB is a gorgeous finish. Lovely stitching on your wips. Great win from Claire.

Barb said...

Hi Sally, Love your JB finish and your wips are as always lovely, oh yes I have seen the Sophies pincushion and as soon as I am able I shall order it ,well Sophie and her roses has to have a friend right.
Sounds as if you have loads planned-will speak on Monday-take care sweetie.

Margaret said...

Great stitchy goodness! Love the JB finish and everything else too!

Sue said...

I love your JB finish, it's beautiful

Ellen said...

Love JB Pin Tuffet, it's gorgeous! Great progress with your wips especially "A New Day".

Hugs,

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, you have so much on the go. Grats on all your progress!!

Stitchabilities said...

I like the tuffet!
I think I might put some stuff on ebay when I get chance

Carol said...

I really love the inspirational words in "A New Day," Sally--very pretty piece. And your Jenny Bean pin tuffet is darling...

Glad you've had some success on Ebay--I really should list some things, too. I just keep buying and buying :)

Unknown said...

I like your style !!!
Pat

Ranae said...

I love the JB finish. I have only a few stitches of mine left to do. I am not sure how I will finish it, maybe that's why I left it alone, lol I do think I have a pedestal for it.
Everything looks awesome

valerie said...

Love your JB finish!

Julie said...

You've stitched up a storm this week Sally, lots of lovely progress. The Jenny Bean is a lovely design.