Sunday 28 April 2013

12 Pages Down, 18 To Go!

It appears that I am getting a bit bad at this  blogging malarkey!  I need to get myself back to posting more although while I'm stitching so many HAEDs it seems a bit pointless blogging more as my finishes are few and far between. Need to get my finger out!

So what I have been up to. Some stitching, still no making up on the stuff I've got finished. I think the only thing I've actually made up in months is the  birthday gift I stitched for Lesleyanne. I swear I need a swift kick up the backside but right now I'm not entirely sure it would do any good anyway! My Just Nan Floral Fifteen sits half made up on my chest of drawers in the dining room and taunts me about the fact that I haven't done anything to it in months! The stitching I am fine with. The making up is a no no! Maybe one day I will shock you all and myself for that matter!

This week has been quite successful on the HAED front as I've actually managed to finish a page on both QS Holly Fairy and Guardian! Yay! So one full page and 4 partial pages on QS Holly Fairy and 18, yes I did say 18, pages to go on Guardian! HELP!

I didn't stitch on QS Spirit of Winter Robin last Sunday as I had something to get finished so I need to get it out tonight and get some done. I noticed last time I picked it up that I hadn't gridded it properly so must be careful of that. 

I had hoped to get Little House Needleworks Little Sheep Virtues Love finished last Monday but it didn't quite happen. As you can see I just have a bit of the border to do. Barb finished hers the week before and you can see it on her blog:). We are impatiently waiting the arrival of Peace now and have you seen Courage, which is the next one? So sweet.

A little late in the month but I have finally started my ornament for the Christmas All Year Round SAL. I doubt I'll get it finished in time as it's not much  of a start but I'm going to take it to craft group on Tuesday and see if I can plenty done. Can you guess what it is? Lol!

I had a very successful evening on Shakespeare's Peddler Gentle Stitches, my SAL with Mouse, until I realised that the vines weren't right. I'd stitched almost the full row when I realised. I counted and better counted but they were right.  It turned out I had too many stitches on the row above which I think I'd stitched the second week of our SAL! Ugh! So a- frogging I had to go. I've almost got it all restitched but let me tell you I wasn't a happy bunny!

That's all my stitching news for now. How are you all getting on with Bloglovin? I must admit I'm not using it much as I like to use my tab rather than use my PC and it doesn't seem to work too well on mine so I've been using my reading list on Blogger which I find easy to use on my tab. I'll still keep Bloglovin for now as there might be some updates that will make it work better on my tab.

Take care everyone and I hope the weather is improving where you are. We thought Spring was here but it's turned rather chilly again!

With much love,

Sally xxx

25 comments:

cucki said...

aww super beautiful stitching..
lots of love for you
hugs x

Margaret said...

All your projects look great -- I love seeing the HAEDs develop. Love the virtues piece too. Bummer about the frogging on the Shakespeare piece though. I've been using Feedly for reading blogs. It works well on my tablet too. I think just using the list on Blogger is a good way to go too.

Cath said...

Brill progress. three more pages ,and you're half way there . Keep going with it . It will be worth it .XXX

Anonymous said...

Sally,
Wow! You are coming along on both HAED'S. I'm impressed.

I love your finish of LHN LSV Love. It's beautiful. I caved and decided to get the series. I can't stitch right now with moving but it will happen. :)

What a cute start to..I can't guess can you give me a hint? ;)

Sorry to hear you had to do some frogging on SP Gentle Stitches. It looks lovely.

Hope the weather warms up soon. We are in the 90's but that could change as it has for everyone.

Hugs!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress on your HAEDs Sally. They are both looking gorgeous as does all your stitching.

Linda said...

Great update Sally. Everything looks lovely.

Linda

Julie said...

Virtues is lovely, I got to see what they look like close up when I stitched with Barb.
Guardian is stunning!
Hapoy stitching, I've not done an ornament this month either, April has whizzed by, will have to do 2 next month.

Fiona said...

Great progress on your HAEDs, you make me feel guilty, I haven't stitched on mine for weeks. Your 'Virtues' look lovely. Like you I have to get to finishing some of my stitched pieces, hopefully this week sometime.

Ellen said...

Great progress on your HAEDs! Love LHN Love Sheep! I want to do this series too but I have too many projects ongoing ha ha!

Hugs,

Pull the other thread said...

Wonderful stitching on everything.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

your haeds look awesome - i am waiting for fabby to arrive so i can make a start on a recent haed purchase, cant wait to make a start : )

butterfly said...

Sally you are doing so well on your stitching they are looking lovely, I really like the sheep one so sweet.
Have a great week, hugs.

Christine said...

Great progress Sally.
Guessing the mystery design would have been more of a challenge if you hadn't put the name on the picture ;)

I've always used the list on my blogger dashboard to keep track of the blogs I read

Lois said...

Nice progress on your HAED Sally and I love your other WIP's too, esp the LHN sheep one. That is such a cute series. I do have the Love one in my stash that I definitely want to stitch this year. Yours is so cute!

Chris said...

Wow Sally! You are making such great stitching progress! The HAED pieces are amazing. Have a great week!

♥ Nia said...

It's growing! It's growing!! Keep up the good work ;)

Vickie said...

You are really cruising along Sally! I'm gonna give you a small a kick in the hinder right now, ;) tee hee! Are you inspired to finish now?! Just kidding. It'll happen when it does.

Michelle said...

Oh Sally so much stitching done. Everything looks lovely xx

Carol said...

Great progress again Sally - HAEDs are looking lovely! I love LHN Little Sheep Virtues Love - so sweet! :o)

Anne said...

Well done on completing some HAED pages! You are motoring along on them!! The sheep are so sweet in love! As for bloglovin' I'm not lovin' all that much. I'm still using google reader until I find something else. Perhaps I just need to change and accept another reader!

Take care

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sally, you're supposed to enjoy blogging not turn it into a job if you don't feel like it, don't stress. We're happy to see your stitching whenever you're ready to show us!

Wow congrats on finishing a page on two different HEADs!

Andrea said...

Great progress on all of your WIPs. I’m loving seeing everyones finishes on the Sheep Virtues. Must remember to look at “courage”, not seen it yet.
I’m getting on with Bloglovin OK, I like it better than google. I only have my desktop computer so don’t need it for any other technology gadgets.

Shirlee said...

You are certainly keeping busy my friend ... & everything looks great!

Brigitte said...

I was away from blog reading for quite a while myself but have started some catching up today.
Wow, your HAEDs have been growing a lot, and the Shakespeare's Peddler piece is just so beautiful. Great stitching as always!

Maxine said...

Love all your stitching Sally, you're making good progress on your HAED's :)