Saturday 21 November 2015

A 21st Birthday and Some Stitching!

Oh dear I seem to have neglected my poor little blog for a couple of weeks! So much for blogging once a week! I've been having a bit of a busy time of it preparing for this event!

Yes my youngest baby, Abigail, turned 21 last Monday! I seriously do not know where all those years have gone but she has grown into a beautiful, caring young woman who I am so proud of. Here are just a few photos.





So at this time of the month I would normally be doing a Stitch from Stash post but, sadly, Mel has had to step down from doing this. However I will still be keeping on with it myself for the rest of the year and also next year. So here is my report.

Carried fwd:£92.94

Spent: £25 ( last Shepherd's Fold )

Earned : £24

Balance carried fwd: £116.94

Onto my stitching now. Not a lot of stitching has been done this week as we went out for a meal at the local Italian / Mexican restaurant on Monday evening to celebrate Abi's birthday then on Thursday evening as an extra treat we went to Sheffield Arena to see Disney on Ice which was amazing!

Barb and I started our next Country Cottage Needleworks ornament which is Fa La La. This is my progress so far. I love this one so much as it has sheep on it of course!

I joined Mani Di Donna's Christmas contest on Facebook a while ago and have finally made a start on it. I'm stitching it on 40 count fabric using Carrie's Creations and DMC Variations. I need to get a move on as we have to have them all finished and made up by the 15th December!

Another one I have to get a move on with is my December Cottage! I do love how this one looks but December is my favourite month of the year!

I added just a few more stitches to Evergreen Lane. This house is huge so it'll take a while!

Of course no post is complete without my gorgeous robin! I'm making even better progress on him since I've stitching two evenings on him. He'll be coming out tonight and tomorrow night then I can get my 100 stitches in for the challenge on the HAED Facebook group. I have done far more than the 400 already needed already but the more I do the faster I can get him on my wall!

That is all for now. I'm going to catch up on a bit of blog reading now as I am way behind yet again!

Take care everyone and stay warm. We are having our first cold spell but no snow yet! Some parts of the country have it and, as always, I am disappointed that we don't lol!

With much love

Sally xxxx

23 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. Lovely stitching and progress.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stitchng, happy bday for your daughter🎉

Vickie said...

Happy Birthday dear, beautiful Abby!
We have snow! You can have it! ;)

Margaret said...

Happy birthday to your youngest! My youngest turned 21 in March. Shocking, isn't it? lol! Lovely stitching as always too!

Penny said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter! 21 is a big birthday. And her cake is gorgeous! Lovely stitching on your projects ~ those little sheep are cute! Our weather has been so mild. Snow around Christmas would be nice though. :)

gominam said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter. Great progress on all these beautiful designs. That Fa la la ornament is so adorable!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Happy 21! It does seem like they grow up fast!

You've done so well with SFS this year. Love your AotH - I'm still working on mine too.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Happy birthday you have a very beautiful girl.
Felicity for her.
Congratulations for your projects wip are so beautiful

butterfly said...


Looks like you had a fun time with your daughter how lovely , tell her congrats on her Birthday .
Oh your stitching looks all so beautiful and the Robin is coming on you almost have him stitched .
Have a good week hugs.

Barb said...

Hi Sally,
Great post as usual, you are aiming to get so much done before the man in red arrives , so pleased to hear Abi had a lovely day ,I am a little behind you on Fa la la but will stitch the other sheep tonight maybe so I will be in the same place as you .. See you tomorrow.

Christine said...

Happy Birthday to Abi!
Some lovely stitching there Sally, I love Fa La la, its so sweet

Julie said...

Belated birthday wishes to Abi
Your post is full of lovely winter stitch projects all looking so lovely. Mr Robin is going to be spectacular when completed and so different being in the round.

WendyCarole said...

Doesn’t the time fly by?. Big Birthday wishes to Abigail. Love all your stitching and its great to see that you only have a corner of Robin to do :)

Justine said...

Beautiful projects, including the longest WIP - 21 years in the making! What a beautiful daughter you have Sally.

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! Great stitches!!

blue star stitcher said...

Happy Birthday to Abi! Your Robin piece looks so close to being done, very pretty!

Irene said...

che bella tua figlia e tanti auguri!!

Michelle said...

Lovely work Sally - well done. We are blessed to have such wonderful children xx

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely stitching updates & belated birthday wishes to your daughter!

Andrea said...

Happy 21st to your youngest daughter. Love all of your stitching. I can't wait to see that Robin up on your wall too. :)

Mary Ann said...

I hope Abi had a wonderful 21st birthday!! You blink, and they are grown...

Lovely stitching, and your wonderful Robin is so close to a finish!

Kay said...

Happy birthday to Abi, she is a wonderful reason not to get much stitching done. x

Brigitte said...

Happy belated birthday to Abi. You seemed to have had a great day together.
Lovely stitching as usual, Sally, much progress on your projects.