Thursday 12 April 2007

A Bit of New Stash!

We have had a bit of a busy few days so I haven't had chance to blog and last night I didn't feel well so didn't stitch either.


Easter Monday we went up to Sewerby Hall and Gardens While DH has been out working he'd seen a sign that there was medieval jousting on so we decided to go and see that and have a day out. We have been to Sewerby a few times before but not since Jess was in a pushchair. We had a lovely day walking round the gardens and the childrens zoo as well as watching the jousting. It wasn't quite as warm as some of the days we've had recently but at least it stayed dry.


Yesterday we decided to go to York for a bit of retail therapy! Lol! The girls both bought some bits and pieces as did DH and I. Of course you can't take a trip to York if you're a stitcher without stopping off at The Viking Loom although I must admit I do find the shop disappointing cross stitch wise these days. Threads, fabrics and kits are clearly on display but charts are tucked away in a basket under a shelf so unless you look closely you miss them. My main aim was to buy some fat quarters of fabric for backing so I got four plus some more pins for when I finally pluck up the courage to try making a pinkeep. I also picked up Just Nan Pearl Orchids pattern pack which was half price and, after spotting a stitched model of it, Patricia Ann Designs Moonlit Orchid so I did well.


I received my April COTM from Sassy's Fabbys today and it is gorgeous. Such a pretty colour and I love the feel of her fabric. It seems so much thicker than other hand dyed fabrics I've had before; not flimsy like some.


Our car went in for it's MOT this morning and a new timing belt fitting and I'm pleased to say it passed! Phew! I don't think I could have coped with anymore expense with the damned thing! I'm just hoping that's it now and it won't need anything else for a while

I have tried my hand at baking Phyto Oestrogen cake this morning! Chris sent me the recipe for it and I have finally gathered the ingredients together. I'm not sure quite what it'll taste like but I'll give it a go! Lol! In fact I might see if it's cooled and have a taste when I've finished here!


Hope everyone had a good Easter!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend , what did the cake taste like?

Hazel said...

That place looks lovely. We went to York a couple of yrs ago. I can't believe i missed that shop. x

Lisa said...

Sounds like you got a few nice things in York, glad you had a good day out.

stitcherw said...

Hope you're feeling all better now, and glad that you had fun over the weekend. What is Phyto Oestrogen cake? And how did it taste? It certainly has an interesting name.
Sue

Julie said...

looks a lovely place you visited

what did the cake taste like then ?? LOL