Wednesday 16 May 2007

Tagged, My Order is Here and Exams!

First of all I've been tagged by PaulaHere’s how to play:1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves 2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules 3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog. Now I'm not sure if I can get 8 random facts/ habits as I have done something like this before but I will try!
  1. I passed my driving test first time, two days before my 23rd birthday.
  2. My first car was a red mini with a black roof.
  3. My DH was my first serious boyfriend.
  4. I was born in Beverley Westwood Hospital
  5. I spent my first Christmas in hospital
  6. When I was pregnant with my youngest DD I thought we were having a boy and was going to call him Damon ( after Damon Hill!)
  7. Some of my ancestors were paupers
  8. I hate snakes. I can't even bear to be in the same room if they are on TV.

I'm not going to tag anybody this time. If you see this and you want to join in feel free to do so! Lol!

My order from Mary Kathryn finally arrived yesterday. Both Mary Kathyn and I were getting worried especially as I've never had an order take so long to arrive from her before. I was going to show what I got but right now I just can't be bothered to take pics or scan the charts( I'm feeling that way out today) so if you want to see just follow the links to Drawn Thread Sanctuary and La D Da Love is Patient That is going to be all my stashing for a good while now. I've treated myself with money I made from selling some stash and have loads to stitch that I have fabric and threads for so I'll be behaving myself now! Lol! I still have Blackbird Designs Quaker Garden to come from Wyndham Needleworks. I haven't received a reply to my email so I can only assume that replies are lost in cyber space. My CC has been charged so I'll wait and see if the chart arrives soon.

It's officially exam season starting today so I'd just like to say good luck to your kids if they are doing their GCSEs. Jessica has her first official one tomorrow which is RE, then Citizenship on Friday. If I remember correctly she has three next week, then it's half term, then about one a day until 15th June which will be her last one. She did her Italian speaking exam last week and was very pleased with how it had gone. Her teacher had been spending time with all of them so they could practise in the weeks leading up and he said that she had given her best one in the exam. They are not having study leave this year so are having normal lessons and revision blocks which I can't say I'm too happy about. There are a few times when Jess has neither a lesson or revision block so she's not sure what she's doing then. I am just hoping that she does OK and achieves the grades she wants. She brought her academic review home yesterday ( no reports at this school- still not worked out why) and her current grades and target grades are all A's barring four subjects so we are really proud of her. Two subjects she's got A*s for coursework.

So tomorrow I have Abi at home as years 7, 8 and 9 have the day off. It's something to do with years 10 and 11 doing the RE GCSE but I can't remember exactly what!

Chatelaine Summer Afternoon is going really well this week and I am almost finished with the bit I'm working on. I do have lots of backstitch to do so not sure if I'll get onto the next bit this week or not. Finger's crossed but I think for a while this evening I'll be testing Jess on her RE as she has asked me to!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 comments:

Hazel said...

Ha ha we thought we were having a boy too!! Love both charts you have bought and sanctuary is so pretty! Im off to browse the site you linked. xx

Anonymous said...

You got some gorgeous goodies!

Good luck with the backstitching on 'Summer Afternoon' - it's a necessary evil! ;)

Stitchingranny said...

Glad your order arrived at last Sally. Wish Jess all good luck with her exams, sounds as though she is a bright kid.

Anonymous said...

*tag*

Please go read my blog ... 'cause you're "it"! :o)

(and you've been tagged by ME! *lol*)

Ranae said...

Hi! Sally, Those are nice charts. I wish you dd well on her exam. Good luck with backstitching and hope it goes fast. Ranae

Carol said...

Love the new charts Sally...so glad they've arrived safely at last!

Good luck to Jess with her exams! :o)

Paula said...

Hi Sally, wow what gorgeous new charts you have.....have fun stitching them.
Oohhh poor dd, doing exams, good luck to her from me