Thursday 3 April 2008

SAL Challenge Revealed!

Now that I know my SAL challenge piece has been received by it's new owner I can reveal it at last:) I decided to send it to Sammy Jo as one of my PIFs and she loves it, so I am very happy!

Blue Ribbon Designs Alphabet Tree


Own coffee dyed aida


DMC 107


Finished as a sweetie dish


Instructions courtesy of Christine ( Alchemy Stitchcraft)

My finishing isn't brilliant but I am very happy with the way it turned out for a first attempt. Thank you, Christine, for your brilliant instructions. It was funny as both Helen and I did this finish this time! This month's challenge piece is The Caron Keeper so I'm looking forward to stitching that one:)

Tuesday evening was Ink Circles Sea Stars night and I'm pleased with the progress I made. Finished the motif I was working on last week and stitched a few fish!


Thank you for all your hugs and kind words following the passing of our beautiful budgie Billy. The girls are heartbroken and I just keep thinking about him and wishing he was still here. The house is just not the same without him as he was such a character. We loved him and he gave us so much love in return and always brightened the worst day. My Dad used to breed budgies as did DH's uncle so we have both grown up with budgies in the family ( I had one of my own too) so we've always had a love for them. Now the girls have too. Billy was our second one. The first one was 7 when he passed so it was quite a shock to loose Billy at just 4 but they are prone to strokes and we knew that. We had no warning as he had been fine all day, being his cheeky, mischievous self. We have decided that, although we can never replace him and we'd never get another like him ( he was one in a million) we are going to get another one.

Hugs

18 comments:

Julie said...

Great challenge piece, a super finish and a nice PIF too

SS looks great too.
{{huggles to you all}}

Karen said...

SS is coming along well Sally I looked at mine today and have had to frog some of last weeks lol (no comments please)
What colour budgie will you get next time? will you go to a breeder?

BeckySC said...

Your challenge finish is great as is your WIP :)

Karan said...

Love the sweetie dish Sally (another finish I need to try!)
Good progress on SS too, love those cute little fish. :0)
Whichever feathered friend you choose will be very lucky to be taken in to such a loving home with you all.

Kim B said...

Your little dish turned out beautifully. I'm sorry about your bird. It's never easy to lose a pet.

Carol said...

What a fantastic finish Sally :-)

Stitchingranny said...

Love the pink edging you have given yours sally it lifts it somehow (if thats the right word lol).

We had a number of budgies as I was growing up and they have all been so different and all real characters in their own individual way. I am sure getting another would in no way replace Billy, but make its own spot in your hearts.

Stitcher said...

Great pif gift, love your finish.

lena-lou said...

Nonsense Sally !! Your tray finish looks fab and reading what Sammyjo has said you absolutely made her day and that is what it is all about !!

Have a nice evening :)

Susimac said...

Your tray looks really lovely. I was sorry to hear about your budgie, we had budgies as children and we loved them, I would love another now but so would Tash, so Tash can't have one, it would be so easy pickings for the daft moggie, so we don't have a budgie. What colour will you get next?

staci said...

Wonderful finish!!! You really nailed that challenge (and PIF!)

Anonymous said...

I love your challenge piece Sally, you've tempted me into trying to make one myself!

Nic said...

What a great idea for a finish, it really suits the piece.

You'll have fun with the Caron Keeper, it's a nice quick stitch and playing around with the colours means you can get so many different effects!

Will email you about the SAL :o)

Andrea said...

A great finish. Great to see Queen of the Needle finished too. Sorry to hear about Billy. He was a very vibrant blue wasn't he?

Sue said...

Great finish and your Sea Stars looks marvelous ;)

Christine said...

Glad the instructions were useful Sally.
Sea Stars is really coming along.

Dani - tkdchick said...

You did a lovely job on your SAL challenge piece!

Anonymous said...

Lovely finish Sally, must give these trinket trays a try!