Sunday 9 October 2011

A Birthday Gift and the Winner of the Travelling Pattern:)

Yesterday was my friend Fiona's ( no blog) birthday. We have known each other online for many years ( in fact I'm not entirely sure just how many!) and I wanted to stitch a little something for her. I decided on this little Lizzie*Kate freebie and finished it as a pinkeep type finish. I am very happy to say that Fi likes it :)

Lizzie*Kate Friendship Grows

Unknown fabric

DMC

Started & Finished 2nd October 2011

Birthday Gift for Fi

Now onto the next member of the stitcherhood:) It was an incredibly difficult choice but the travelling pattern will be on it's way to Lesleyanne:) Congratulations and welcome to the stitcherhood! I will get the chart out to you hopefully tomorrow. Don't forget to follow the travelling pattern to Lesleyanne's blog for your chance to become part of it next time:) 

I finally got part 5 of the iStitch Mystery SAL stitched up just in time for part 6 coming out!

Friday evening I made a small start on the bonus chart on my BBD AotH piece and I continued with it last night. Unfortunately I realised that when I'd left the gap for the bonus chart I'd miscounted and hadn't left the gap I should have :( Thankfully it will still fit in but instead of being a three stitch gap at both sides there will be three at one and two at the other. I am so cross with myself especially as I'd stitched a line across the top! Obviously I cannot count:(

That's all from me for now. Not sure what I'm stitching on tonight. Either an SB ornament or Tra La La Duo Noel:) I need to catch on blogs too but think I will do that tomorrow now. It's been one of those weekends as my Dad has been without  his phone due to a fault since Friday afternoon and no working phone line has meant no working Lifeline so we've both been very uneasy. After numerous phone calls to the phone company and a final angry one at 6.30 pm yesterday evening he finally got a working phone line at about 10 pm last night night BUT  the phone kept ringing through the night keeping him awake so yet another call to them this morning! Keeping my fingers firmly crossed that it's all fixed now and he'll have no more problems.  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Take care everyone.

Love & hugs

Sally
xxx

21 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a darling gift for your friend. And a nice start to a new WIP!

Diane (di) said...

Sally, I love the pinkeep, esp. the little flowers around the edge. Congratulations on your part 5 progress and the start of your BBD. Everything looks wonderful!

Christine said...

Great stitching Sally, the pinkeep is adorable. Congratulations to Lesleyanne

Tricia T said...

What a sweet gift! I'm so sorry about the counting error. Isn't it amazing how easy it is to get off by one?? Uggh! It will be marvelous anyway, I have no doubt!!

Lesleyanne said...

Thank you for choosing me Sally. Can't wait to join the sisterhood. Lovely gift for Fiona. Love the edging. Great new start on your BBD piece sorry about the counting error, something I seem to suffer from too. Hope your dad's phone is all okay now.

jane said...

Lovely pinkeep finish Sally and your SAL looks very pretty, I wish I had signed up for that. AotH is looking good too, i'm sure the miscount won't be noticeable.
Hope your Dad's phone is sorted now.

Elisa said...

Great gift from Fiona, your SAL is looking fab too xx

Barb said...

Sally love the pinkeep the edging really sets it off.
I have that cannot count bug too ,Mansfield Park is proving a real trial.
Oh I wish I had done the SAL with Carol now yours is so pretty.
See you tomorrow with the stocking.

sammyjo said...

hey sally love the finish on your pinkeep, i've never seen those used like that before hope you dont mind if i pinch the idea and give it a go?

cucki said...

very sweet gift for your friend :)
your sal is looking so cute..and i love your new start too..
keep well dear and happy stitching xx

Christina said...

The trim around 'Friendship Grows' is just adorable!

Anne said...

Oh Sally, that pinkeep is BEAUTIFUL!! I love that pretty flowered trim you used and I'm glad she loves it! What a great friend you are! Congrats to Lesleyanne for winning the pattern!

Mindi said...

I didn't trust myself to leave the proper spacing for the bonus pattern, so I just waited until it came out to stitch it and make sure the spacing was correct. I still managed to mess up a border somewhere in mine. Yours is looking fabulous. Your iStitch SAL piece is also looking great.

Catherine said...

What a sweet gift for your friend!! And your other stitches are coming along!

Margaret said...

I love the gift for your friend! Love all your stitching as usual!

Lois said...

What a nice gift Sally. Sorry to hear about your counting woes. That can happen to me too no matter how many times I check something.

Julie said...

Super gift for Fi, i have stitched that design so many times over the years for friends.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Oh very beautiful !!
have a good time

Kate said...

Congratulations to Lesleyanne. Lovely pinkeep for your friend and as always a lovely update on your stitching.

L.O. said...

What an adorable pinkeep! The trim you used is too cute. Good luck dealing with the phone company. That sort of stuff is never fun.

Fi said...

Thank you Sally again for the lovely gift. The picture does not do it justice. It is really beautiful. Love Fi xx